RoadBounce Pro - Mobile handset selection guide
- Any Android phone.
- Higher end phone have sensors with higher frequencies, allowing us to capture more/precise data points.
- The GPS sensor should be of type A-GPS (Advanced GPS)
- Sim card or mobile internet connectivity is not required for recording road condition
- RoadBounce is supported on Android Operating system
- Since Android is open source and customizable, many phones come with a custom version of Android operating system. E.g. Samsung. Such operating system versions are typically modified for additional features, permissions, sensor monitors. Such additional OS level software is sometimes called as ‘Bloatware’. RoadBounce works best with phones with minimum or no bloatware. Any phones with a ‘pure’, unmodified, stock Android operating system provides best quality results.
- Please make sure that RoadBounce App once installed, has necessary permissions to access the sensors and file-system of your phone.
Size and Placement
- A car’s ‘overall’ riding quality is best captured when the vibration recording phone is kept on the dashboard of the car, at or near to Center/Middle of the Car width. The selected phone/tablet should have size which can be incorporated on the dashboard of your car
- Please make sure that the phone has at least 20% free storage space
- Please make sure that no Apps are running in background
- Avoid Apps doing following during surveys:
- GPS tracking, Location recording
- Ad-hoc screen popups/notifications
- Vibrating alarms, Music playing, Speaker phone
- Apps trying showing window on top of RoadBounce ‘Scanning in progress’ screen
Motorola Moto-X-Force, Other ‘Moto’ models from Motorola, Google Pixel, or similar